15 Apr 2016 ISS World Expo Has a Packed Schedule
By Alex Hassel, Storage.com
If you ever wanted to meet anyone who was anyone in the self storage industry, the Inside Self Storage (ISS) World Expo is the place to be. The Las Vegas conference from April 25-28 will feature guest speakers, self storage education, more than 150 exhibitors, and several networking opportunities.
This year’s conference will include the following speakers:
- Jim Chiswell, President of Chiswell & Associates, discussing “Critical First Steps: Determining Self Storage Project Feasibility”
- Bob Copper, owner of Self Storage 101, presenting “Tracking the Money: From Self Storage Startup to Stabilization”
- Magen Smith, CPA and consultant, talking “Money In: Managing Self Storage Rental Rates”
- Stephanie Tharpe, Senior Vice President of Operations for A+ Storage, presenting “Conquering Self Storage Job Burnout”
- Mark S. Yandow, partner and founder of Self Storage Management of California, discussing “More Advanced Technology Tools to Boost Self Storage Sales, Service and Efficiency”
- Scott Zucker, partner at Weissman Zucker Euster Morochnik P.C., talking “Legal 101: A Primer for New Self Storage Managers”
ISS World Expo is offering nine sessions featuring 45 different education panels. Topics range from a crash course in self storage for beginners, money management, storage developments, legal issues, and more. The conference will have seven different workshops, each lasting at least four hours. These subjects include development, investment, regulatory compliance, management, ownership, legal learning, and marketing. Six sessions are also offered in Spanish.
If you want to learn more about the different companies involved in the industry, don’t forget to visit the expo hall. There, you’ll find businesses representing every aspect of the sector—retail, management software, building components, security equipment, financing, marketing services, and more. You can look at the products in person and meet company representatives face to face. (Don’t forget to stop and say hello to Storage.com at Booth 316!)
ISS is expecting around 3,000 self storage professionals from more than 20 countries. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone to make new friends or business relationships. You’ll get your chance to mingle at the very popular cocktail session on Tuesday, April 26, that’s open to all attendees.
You can also make connections in roundtable sessions on Wednesday, April 27, meeting professionals in a smaller setting to talk about add-on profit centers, advertising, marketing, development, construction, finance, investing, real estate, and operations. If you’re looking to buy or sell a property, there’s time for that on Wednesday as well.
No matter what your involvement is in the self storage industry, you’re encouraged to attend. This includes facility owners, managers, investors, builders, developers, boat/RV storage operators, and more.
Prices for the conference vary depending on different packages like the expo hall or education. The expo’s website also provides assistance with finding hotels, transportation, and entertainment in Las Vegas.